1. NSW chartered flights to pick up pilot international students as scheduled
Although the federal government has postponed the relaxation of border restrictions due to the Omicron COVID-19 variant, hundreds of international students will still arrive in Sydney next week. The New South Wales Government will continue its international student pilot program announced in September. A chartered plane that can carry up to 250 students will land in Sydney on December 6.
This means that despite the stronger position of the federal government, hundreds of students are still able to arrive in Sydney.
Students will accept the strict new quarantine measures adopted in the past few days.
At the same time, all international arrivals must be quarantined at home or residence for 72 hours after arriving in Australia.
Stuart Ayres, deputy leader of the Liberal Party, said: “According to the current New South Wales Public Health Order, international students entering New South Wales need to be quarantined for 72 hours.” Students will be quarantined in the student dormitory for 3 days. Another 250 international students’ second charter flight is scheduled to arrive in Sydney on December 24. More flights will expire every two weeks. All arriving students must be fully vaccinated with an Australian approved vaccine.
2. More details of the 485 New Deal are released!
The official website of the Immigration Bureau has updated part of the 485 New Deal
Regarding the extension of the 485 validity period for new applications/signatures
1) Clarify that the PSW-taught graduate student 485 will be increased to a 3-year validity period
2) The graduate work stream old TR will also start from December 1st and increase to a 2-year validity period (the main beneficiaries are VET graduates).
3) The 485 that was previously signed overseas is allowed to enter within one year, and it will only take effect after entry; now that the new 485 signed overseas after the start of the New Deal is directly approved for 3 years (undergraduate or 2 years), the visa is still from landing It will take effect later.
Preliminary requirements for alternative categories of the 485 epidemic have also been announced
Currently determined application requirements:
-On and after February 1, 2020, have held or are still holding a 485 visa
-During the period from February 1, 2020 to December 1, 2021, any time period outside of Australia
-Applicants will get a visa with the same length of validity as their initial 485 visa, depending on the level of academic qualifications they originally applied for
-The visa fee for an alternative visa is 1680 Australian dollars, and the deputy application also needs to pay
-If the original 485 did not bring a deputy application, and later there is a spouse or the relationship materials are more sufficient, you can bring a new spouse to apply for the replacement visa of this letter